Friday, August 24, 2012

Seven: No More Ironing

     I am embarrassed to admit, but the first thought that went through my head was, "hey, at least I don't have to make sure I have pressed clothes for work."  After, let's just say a few years, I no longer had to make sure that my work uniform of: dress pants, button down shirt and jacket or cardie were ready to go every week day morning.  I could wear pajamas and a tee shirt every single day if I wanted to.  Not much of a consolation prize but hey you have to take what you can get. 
     But, I can tell you right now, they get old after while,  those pajamas.  I mean, without that getting up, making the bed, getting dressed the day has no real beginning middle or end; it just sort of drags along pointlessly and endlessly.  All times and all days started to look sadly the same.  Was it time to get up? Who really cares?  Was it Thursday or Saturday?  What difference did it make?  Did I wash my hair this morning?  Who would notice?
     So that is why I started getting dressed again.  I have favorite shirts and cardigans why not wear them.  There is absolutely no point in "saving" my good clothes.  It made me feel a little better about myself and the whole situation.  I did not however break out the iron, some things are not necessary in this new life I was facing.

What happens next?  Use the Comment section to add to the story, or take this starter and make you own story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment